Chat and Email?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/10/1998; 7:35:12 AM
Topic:First message

Shouldn't chat and email have the same interface on the client? I often do email that's a lot like chat. One line messages. Boom boom boom. Done.

BTW, I've gotten mail requesting that we make the password a user setting for this board, and that's a very reasonable request, so the answer is yes.

And clearly, sometime not too far down the road, every top level item on Scripting News must be a discussion board entry so people can comment on an item by item basis, without any extra work for me.

Dave