Here's a new thread

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/27/1998; 9:42:50 AM
Topic:Here's a new thread

This message should be in response to message 0.

It should appear in every way to be a new thread.

It will not appear in any other message's reply list.

As I see it right now, the main advantage of having this command is two-fold. One is psychological, it gives a poster a way to start something new without relating it to another message, and the other advantage is that it allows for a new command that zooms you to the top item in the thread containing a message, thereby being able to see what started the discussion and the hierarchy of messages that resulted from it.

There's no guarantee that I thought of all the cases, so I'm posting this message and will snoop around to see what might have broken. Anything I find will be posted as a sub of this message.

Dave