Re: Person of the Millenium -- Criteria

Author:Charlie Evett
Posted:12/1/1998; 7:11:15 PM
Topic:Person of the Millenium?

Here's a trial balloon for a criteria. If you could trade your life for that of any one person who lived in the last 1000 years, who would it be? Who at the end of it all makes you say, "Boy I wish I could have done that!"

Another biggie in my book, though I really don't know that much about him, was Martin Luther. As usual it's hard to separate the man from the movement, but it was a very important one. Would our vision of faith as a personal venture, separate from nations, be as prevalant without him?

Plus he wrote many wonderful songs (hymns) sung around the world to this day.

I still come back to Einstein. A man of genius, a man of peace. A man near the crux of the greatest horrors of our age, the Holocaust and the Atomic bomb.

Suppose we had an award for "Woman of the Millenium", who would that be?