Re: Person of the Millenium

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:12/4/1998; 8:37:15 AM
Topic:Person of the Millenium?

I'd disagree: I'd evaluate somebody by how great a change they wrought, which will continue to affect the world after they are gone, probably forever. I'd require that the "turning point" be during this millenium. Jesus Christ did what he did long before, as did Saul of Tarsus (St. Paul). Similarly, Jefferson deflected history greatly during this millenium, even though the results of that deflection may continue to be felt for centuries to come, and even though he didn't do it in time to affect the whole millenium.