Re: When do we decide?

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:12/4/1998; 8:56:56 AM
Topic:Person of the Millenium?

My understanding is that the new millenium begins on January 1, 2001. Since there was no year zero in our calendar, the first millenium is from AD 1 through AD 1000, and the second is form AD 1001 through AD 2000. Given this, shouldn't we aim to pick a Person of the Millenium around Thanksgiving, 2000?

Not that this is likely to change our selection much, but I'm a stickler for details.

-- Ian