Re: Linux for Dummies?

Author:Tim Moore
Posted:12/5/1998; 9:54:17 AM
Topic:Linux for Dummies?

You remember correctly.

This:

printf(argv[0]);

printf("\n");

Could be written more compactly as this:

printf("ån", argv[0]);

And printf will substitute argv[0] in for · The s is for string -- there are different formatting commands for different argument types. For a complete list, any reference book on C will do. I like "C: A Reference Manual" by Harbison and Steele since I find it very readable and it covers the latest ISO standard, but lots of people swear by Kernighan & Ritchie, which is the cannonical text.