Re: Linux for Dummies?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/4/1998; 1:59:39 PM
Topic:Linux for Dummies?

If I remember correctly printf can take any number of parameters, and the f stands for "formatted" so there's some way of specifying a format string that the subsequent characters are plugged into. It's so rusty for me. The thing about Unix *is* that it is small. Just start flipping thru the man pages and see what the various file verbs are. I suspect you will find a similarity to Frontier's verb set, since I was thinking like a Unix guy when I designed the verbs. Dave