Re: Zope vs. Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/6/1998; 9:30:47 AM
Topic:Zope vs. Frontier

Thanks Michel! Very interesting. It sounds like we should be able to connect up to this world nicely. It has a lot of things in common with ours, for example, dot syntax for walking thru the object database. Our macros are embedded in curly braces. The URLs we use are quite similar. I'm sure we'll be able to do some interesting bridging. What interfaces are there for flowing content into the database? Is there any kind of RPC? Let's say I want to connect up editorial tools to its database. Are there any protocols for doing that? Dave