Re: Bootstrapping

Author:Harshal
Posted:12/6/1998; 4:59:24 PM
Topic:Would you do some work for more hits?

Randal Schwartz has a perl script that does this at http://w3.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col06.html

However, this is useful only for static text files. On a site like mine which has a mix of static files and dynamic files (handled by a couple of different scripts) this simple script does not work too well. I had started playing with it so that it gets the page title instead of the file path and constructs a proper URL (dynamic or static) depending on the file. Other tasks kept me from finishing this task. Hopefully, I will be able to do this soon.

- 'shal