Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Python/XML v0.5 released
Author: A.M. Kuchling Posted: 12/7/1998; 12:19:06 PM Topic: Zope vs. Frontier Msg #: 923 (In response to 870) Prev/Next: 922 / 924
On a related note, since Zope is written in Python, here's an announcement of a new release of the XML tools for Python. The tools are basically in beta now; we need people to try them out and report any bugs or glitches.
General information about Python: http://www.python.org
XML Topic Guide: http://www.python.org/topics/xml/
The code: http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml-0.5.tgz
Version 0.5 of the Python/XML distribution can be downloaded from http://www.python.org/sigs/xml-sig/files/xml-0.5.tgz
The Python/XML distribution contains the basic tools required for processing XML data using the Python programming language, assembled into one easy-to-install package. The distribution includes parsers and standard interfaces such as SAX and DOM, along with various other useful modules. Version 0.5 can be considered a beta release.
Major changes in this version:
* The DOM implementation has been extensively modified, and is now much closer to compliance with the DOM Recommendation.
* A Unicode type has been added as the subpackage xml.unicode.wstring.
* Various subpackages have been upgraded to their most recent versions.
The package currently contains:
* XML parsers: Pyexpat (Jack Jansen), xmlproc (Lars Marius Garshol), xmllib.py (Sjoerd Mullender) using the sgmlop.c accelerator module (Fredrik Lundh).
* SAX interface (Lars Marius Garshol)
* DOM interface (Stefane Fermigier, A.M. Kuchling)
* xmlarch.py, for architectural forms processing (Geir Ove Grønmo)
* Unicode wide-string module (Martin von Löwis)
* Various utility modules and functions (various people)
* Documentation and example programs (various people)
The code is being developed bazaar-style by contributors from the Python XML Special Interest Group, so please send comments, questions, or bug reports to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:46:21 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.