Go for it!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/8/1998; 7:03:48 AM
Topic:www.xml-rpc.com

If you have an implementation need, and only want to use part of the spec, that would be fine. We'll find a way to hook up with you if there's a need to.

I think one of the unseen benefits of our XML-RPC spec is that hidden inside it is an object serialization format that's reasonably well thought out. It's worked so far, for quite a few months at moving big chunks of data around our net, almost effortlessly from a scripting point of view. We're just sending around structs and arrays which map perfectly onto table and list structures in Frontier.

Also, it would be great if you could tell us something more about yourself on your prefs page.

http://prefs.userland.com/

Dave