Discussion Group Layout

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:12/9/1998; 5:54:24 AM
Topic:Discussion Group Layout

I've noticed that I'm having a hard time getting yesterday's discussion group archive to load. It's 56k, and after about 50 percent the page load chokes. If I view source, I can see the beginning links, but after it dies, the never gets finished, so it doesn't show up (NC4.5/Mac).

Would it be too much to make each entry a table? This would let each entry appear as soon as it was loaded, rather than the layout engine having to wait for the whole

for the day to complete. Then if the download chokes, at least you get the beginning links, which are the most recent anyway.

Just some thoughts- --Steve