Re: DSL Comments?

Author:Michael Esveldt
Posted:12/14/1998; 5:43:17 PM
Topic:DSL Comments?

I'm in Seattle and get utterly flawless service from Northwest Nexus. My only complaint has been that TCL isn't installed on any of their web servers... not a very big complaint.

While I'd love to use them for DSL service they have a 500 megabit a month transfer limit. I do that much in two weeks. A static IP is part of the basic DSL service from NWN... alas, the quota prevents me from using them.

But despite my relationship with US West once you're running with them... you're running. USwest.net provides minimal email and web services but still provides them at quick speeds.

One bonus to using DHCP and bridging, you can get as many IP addresses as you like and they can't tell the difference. You can connect a hub to your DSL and each machine can acquire a separate address. The only problem is that these machines are then unable to communicate with one another (there is some issue with them occupying the same place in a class C network... i think).