Re: Solution for Visible Windows-based HTTP apps

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/15/1998; 2:15:27 AM
Topic:Visible Windows-based HTTP apps

Jason wrote:

"What happens if nobody is currently logged into the machine?"

I haven't had much time to test yet. My guess is that Frontier probably doesn't run. But it might.

At any rate, it's easy to switch back and forth, though potentially a pain to have to remember.

Jason wrote:

"Can you _set_ a user that it logs in as...?"

Yes. You can set the username and enter the password for that user.

Jason wrote:

"Are there any stability implications? Any different behaviors?"

I expect the stability to be the same. When run under IIS, Frontier still managed its UI, it's just that you couldn't see it. So the code that Frontier executes should be the same.

As far as different behaviors, I haven't noticed any yet, other than the obvious desired change. My set-up is not terrifically complex, however.