I absolutely believe in innocent until proven guilty

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/15/1998; 10:17:11 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Yes I absolutely do believe in innocent until proven guilty. That's one of the foundations of our legal system, and it's a really good thing it is.

But when a trial is twarted by perjury and obstruction of justice, not only does that invalidate the original trial, but it also creates new crimes that have to be tried.

It just keeps escalating. Trying to sweep it away won't work. We'll be fighting this one in the streets if we don't settle it in Congress.

Dave