Re: This is nonsense

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:12/15/1998; 1:19:52 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

> Your wife is there, what will you say?

I would, I think, tell the truth. If I were under oath, I would most certainly tell the truth. And if I were in a position of great public trust and responsibility I would expect to be fired for not telling the truth.

And I'm not so sure Clinton didn't lie about all those other things that "have anything to do with [my] country." Check the record. He's reversed his position and contradicted himself with great regularity. Remember the nickname "Slick Willie"? He earned that BEFORE the whole Lewinsky think. Remember "I didn't inhale"? He lied to us get into office.

Clinton is not a mostly good person who got himself in a tight spot and did the human thing to get out. The evidence is pretty compelling that he's a self-serving liar through and through.

-- Ian