Ross Perot in 2001?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/15/1998; 2:32:17 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

About Betty Curry, there is a lot of evidence that she participated in the coverup at least at first, under pressure by Clinton.

All this needs to be tried in court. That's what you do when there's an accusation. It could have been tried in a lesser court, but now it's at impeachment because he blocked every other avenue with his lies. It's a corrupt mess in Washington, you haven't said that, but others have, the Republicans are part of the mess.

One more thing, remember that Clinton won election in 1992 with far less than a majority. The Republicans will probably do no better in 2000. This could be the first time in a long time when a true outsider is elected president.

One more thing, if Washington is a mess, it's a mess the American people created. We are blessed with a legal system that goes out of its way to empower us, we are the government here. When we elect bozos like Clinton (and Bush and Reagan) we actually are responsible for what they do because it's on our authority that they act.

This is where the buck stops, maybe. If Clinton gets to sweep it away we'll probably be playing Hail TO The Chief to Ross Perot in 2001.

Dave