What Jacob missed......

Author:Marc Canter
Posted:12/15/1998; 4:21:26 PM
Topic:Thank you thank you thank you!

- Scalable Content - we'll never make any money if all the stuff we craete only woks on the web. Lo-res = web, medium-res = CD ROM (and most machines have players now adays!) and eventually hi-res = Broadband

- Compelling user experiences - Huh? Did we forget who's butter is breaded on which side? Bill, Jacob and anybody else who wants to 'pontificate' better remember that unless we're making our customer's nipples hard, it just don't matter.

- Personalization - it's a platform, stupid, and don't you forget it!

- and despite years of hype, over usage of the term and the ultimate buzzword mentality - Object Oriented Programming and Authoring. Encapsulation (ever tried to move a set of lingo scripts in Director?), Inheritance (love those 'pound sign directives' feature Dave and Doug - thanks!), Methods, not APIs (I want my computer to talk like a human, not like a computer) are just a few of the powerful new functionality we get when everything is 'an object'.

- Marc Canter