Re: Linux for Dummies?

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/15/1998; 5:22:34 PM
Topic:Linux for Dummies?

Thanks, Mike, your help is excellent. I managed to change the runlevel and kill xeyes.

I *don't* know the basics, or I know just some of them -- it seems like there are lots of basics. Not much is intuitive. But I'm learning, slowly.

One more thing: every time KDE starts up, I get two Audio CD Player (kscd) windows, and two error messages boxes. "CDROM read or access error. Please make sure you have access permissions to /dev/cdrom"

I don't want to listen to CDs through Linux, I don't care about the error, I just want to stop those cd player windows from appearing every time KDE starts.

The broader question is -- where do I access those kinds of preferences?