Holding us Hostage?

Author:Paul L. Bruno
Posted:12/16/1998; 9:46:29 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

I don't buy the argument from Clinton's defenders that an impeachment is bad for this country or that the American people shouldn't be subjected to the process.

It's very similar to the way Saddam Hussein surrounded himself with children and suggested they might be hurt if we started bombing him.

Or the way my three year old daughter tries to break my heart when I have to discipline her.

Are we to believe that impeaching the President is more harmful to America than a) lying to Americans; or b) lying and getting away with it BECAUSE you're the President?

We're all getting a big dose of what parenting is like. It is not easy to punish a wayward, selfish child; but if you don't the behavior only continues or worsens.