MetaDiscuss: Wish List

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:12/16/1998; 9:46:33 AM
Topic:Discussion Group Feature Request

I like the the "posts from this person" list, although Dave's is getting rather large, >100K just for the list. http://profiles.userland.com/$dave@userland.com

I'd like to be able to tag contributors who make interesting statements. Then topics containing posts from those folks are marked or flagged as interesting to me.

There could also be aggregation of such marks so we can approach collaborative filtering. "You like some of the posters on this topic. Popular posters also contributed."

I'd like to be able to vote on each post. "Interesting: High/Low", "Relevant to topic: High/Low", "Well Said!" Not everyone will vote, but each comment helps create metadata to help wade through large boards. "Other people who found the same kinds of posts you found relevant found these posts relevant." See Berkeley's Andromedia (http://www.andromedia.com/) for engine examples.

- Phil