UltraEdit (was Re: JustEdit)

Author:Dave W. Smith
Posted:12/17/1998; 1:56:50 PM
Topic:JustEdit

UltraEdit (http://www.ultraedit.com) is a Windows-based editor worth looking at. It does rudimentary syntax coloring (for Perl, HTML, C, and a few others), has a spelling checker, and can be configured to run "Tools" that take input from one window and populate another. There's no WYSIWYG HTML editing, but launching a browser on the contents of a window is trivial. I use UltraEdit for most of my Perl development and testing. A great value at $30.

Dave