Re: Who are you?

Author:Jerome Camus
Posted:12/17/1998; 2:15:51 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Guilty. I did not fill out the profile for the discussion groups.

For the purpose of the discussion here, I'm Jerome Camus an American citizen & travel a lot (my residence feels like a suitcase). I'm a IT consultant with a leaning towards the hospitality industry. Yes I change my mind... and make big mistakes too.

But do re-read the posting, I accused you of no wrong-doing. I actually just pointed out that your public positions illustrate the problems in the issue - you could go both ways... I then agreed with one fundamental assessment, highlighted something no press has talked about, then commented about the obscenity of the process.

My perspective was one of developping events. Unfortunately, the sex story *IS* a major element. It's turned the whole thing into pure ridicule.

Your point about harassment is valid. But, until I'm proven wrong, all these cases came up only when he became 'presidentiable', circa 1990. Sounds like trying to take advantage of a situation that maybe was not there in the first place. And who can ever know now...

So he's stupid about his sexual practices. [Having the SS look into some potential trist would be IMHO an excessive use of power...] So he lies. But America chose him. Twice. I never believed him pre-92 & did not vote for him. But Americans seem to like his lies - according to some polls.

The worst is that the bash-Baghdad thing is really making the whole pot stink (he based his actions on a report he did not see. Ref: Rep Bob Barr). Recall when the sabre-rattling took place... August (when he was in very hot water), October (before the congressional elections) and now (even hotter water). Now, he litterally has to use the sabre to save his seat... Worse, America seems to approve of his actions.

I look at patterns too. And it shows a very, very sorry image of America.

Until now, although I would not have voted for him in 92, I would have left him in the office. His lies equated those made by persons conducting the investigation. And as long as he faces the people who elected him, and they still want him, fine. (BTW, how can Congress sincerely reverse a let's-not rock-the-boat barely 5 weeks after the voting?) The day it spills over and impacts people who have no democratic influence, it is one obscenity too far.

So I'm changing my mind. Bill must go. And quickly. I realize that I am saying that Congress really cannot do it. So he has to resign on his own impetus.