Re: Announcing Tonto 1.0b2

Author:Ole Saalmann
Posted:12/29/1998; 10:41:15 AM
Topic:Frontier-related announcements

Seth, here are some comments on the latest Tonto release:

- Storing the cached scripts in a menu bar is much better. But it confused me that I am supposed to keep a seperate menubar for each app. That just messes up the user.tonto table. Why not keep just one menubar, with a 'submenu' for each app?

Check out http://129.13.100.103/misc/tontocache.gif for how it could look.

Hint: there is another idea, look at the line containing 'MSIE, MOSS'. You could have shared scripts that way. A creator name should be able to show up several times.

- it would be great if the window position could be remembered after a restart

- same with the mode (add user.tonto.mode and then do tonto.setMode (user.tonto.mode) in startup script)

- I seem to be getting errors when I have a global button which calls tonto.registerCachedScripts (). When I press it, Frontier keeps a process running and Tonto crashes (at least does weird things). I know that this is not a nice thing to do. But then someone else will do it as well. And I thought that Tonto was just the perfect tool for such an often repeated task. :-)

ole