Re: Responses to edited messages

Author:John Simms
Posted:12/29/1998; 4:43:31 PM
Topic:Responses to edited messages

Every once in a while, I'm presented with the "This message has been deleted" item on the discussion board. While I'm not challengeing your right to delete messages, it would be nice if the disucssion board was a little smarter about deleted messages.

I have always reached these messages by using the next/prev links. So, if a message is deleted, could the next/prev links be altered, so they too skip over the deleted message?

Another solution is to put next/prev links on the page that announces it has been removed. I don't care that it's been removed, I don't know what I'm missing, I just want to continue reading other messages. "Move along folks, there's nothing to see."

As it is, I must backtrack my way to the main listing, and start all over again.

John.