Server Attributes

Author:Kurt J. Egger
Posted:12/30/1998; 11:11:43 AM
Topic:Server Attributes

I applaud for implementing a structure like this!

This two-headed approach (responderAttributes vs. renderingAttributes) reminds me on FirstClass Server from a Canadian company called Softarc. FirstClass has BBS roots and is now marketed as messaging and collaboration product.

They implemented a sophisticated access model which also has two sides: User/group privileges and conference/folder permissions. In the manual at ftp://ftp.softarc.com/fcis/docs/server/AdminGB.pdf (page 69-92) you find this features documented. It also describes how FirstClass deals with overlapping rights and restrictions.

Disclaimer: We used FirstClass to build one of the biggest online systems in Austria called magnetCity. It is still operating but the focus of magnet lies on general ISP services.

Kurt J. Egger