Re: It's really happening in PalmLand

Author:David Brown
Posted:1/4/1999; 10:24:50 AM
Topic:Scripting News for PalmPilot users

This reminds me of something I've wanted since I started playing with AvantGo in the time I've had my Palm III.

I want to simply strip the images out of some sites. Something that just nukes the IMG tags. Because my wife and I go to a lot fo movies, I've set up subscriptions to the pages that tell me what movies are playing at our favorite theatres. Stick the machine in the dock, hot-sync, and I'm fine for spur of the moment trips to the theatre. But the images in the pages make the downloaded information ugly.

Perhaps as just a start, you could try filtering out the IMG tags on the sites you point to.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Palm version of DaveNet.

dave