Refrigerator colors

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:1/7/1999; 10:16:07 AM
Topic:How Frontier Changed My Life

As a denizen of rental domiciles for my adult life I've had experience with lots of different colored appliances, most left over from the early '70s trying to fit into late 50s color schemes. But try going to an appliance store and buying a teal refrigerator nowadays.

Even SGI of the multicolored boxes (which get hidden under desks and in machine rooms) uses fairly neutral colors for their monitor cases (I'm sitting in front of a muted speckled gray one). Once we get over the "Isn't it cool that I have a (dishwasher|refrigerator|computer)" level of technology fascination and genital size compensation issues and they're just tools again we'll be back to beige.