Loving USB

Author:John Brewer
Posted:1/7/1999; 10:36:40 AM
Topic:How Frontier Changed My Life

I just got the LapLink USB cable to link my laptop and desktop machines. It's a big win because my laptop has a USB port right in the side, so I can just plug in and go, instead of having to shut down and attach the dongle that provides serial and parallel ports. It's an even bigger win because I was able to transfer an 8MB file (Apple's HAL ad) in 15 seconds!

-John

p.s. Maybe I'm just clueless, but I can't seem to find a way to post a new top level discussion topic. Any hints?