Re: How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Author:Stan Purington
Posted:1/7/1999; 7:56:20 PM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

I have upgraded to 5.1.5. I really like the fact that it quits reasonably fast now on Mac OS 8.5.

I think guest databases are a one of the most significant improvements since 5.0. It makes it so much easier to organize and control my work and solves the problem of huge root files. I am in the process of migrating most of my work into guest databases and have not run into any major problems. One thing I notice is that I am so used to just closing windows by clicking the close box that I end up closing my guest databases by mistake when I should be just hiding them. Maybe closing a guest database should prompt you to verify that you really want to close it.

Your search engine almost makes up for the lack of full documentation. It might be nice if there were an area set up where one could search any of your mail lists. I don't think it makes sense to include it in the main search engine but for those of us who occasionally need information but don't have the time or technical expertise to actively participate in the mail lists it would be helpful.

Overall, I am really pleased with the changes you have been making and I can live with the new features in lieu of full documentation.