Re: How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Author:John Nicholas
Posted:1/7/1999; 8:46:29 PM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Dave,

I got 5.1.5 over the weekend and worked with it for the first time tonight. It seems a little faster 7.6.1 PPC 604@120. It definitely saved faster and backed up faster.

I even was able to get a guest data base going.

Doc request: Make the defn of [f] in your guestDataBase Doc clearer. The mix of "HD:Fronter:websites.root" in squarebrackets took a while.

Feature Request for future version update:

When you backup the root it assigs sequential numbers. You can backup a gdb and you get one of those numbers. Set up something to number each gdb with a separate series of numbers.

I'm just glad to have 5.1.5 with the comments on the e-mail lists; I'm looking forward to upgrading to 8.5.1

I got Frontier to help with my website after reading a review 19 months ago in MACUSER. It helped more than I expected. I got a bonus, it has helped automate my website and e-mail tasks.

Thanks

John Nicholas stnick@feist.com