Re: How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Author:Alan German
Posted:1/8/1999; 5:59:15 AM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

This may fall in to the "dont' do that" department, but I got Frontier (Mac) to crash yesterday. I was running a web server in Frontier and I switched my dial-up connections. Frontier sure didn't like that and started giving me a loop of "Out of Memory" errors (one per listen, perhaps?), then a "Free block could not be accessed" [paraphrased] error when quitting.

There appears to be no damage to the root, and a restart of Frontier put everything right.

I don't know if you can fix this, so it may just need to be documented that one should stop the server before switching net connections.