It's do-able now.. Let's do it!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/8/1999; 7:00:05 AM
Topic:How are we doing? (5.1.5)

Emmanuel, we *are* going to have that kind of book for Frontier.

We've got the writing environment now. You just have to believe in it and it will happen. I want to get all the Frontier sites organized including ones that we don't host. We have a way for us all to link together, the search engine. This is the next step. A way of organizing all the work so people find the information they need. Then when there are holes we know which ones to fill.

Further, the next layer, Nirvana Server, is being documented in more detail than anything we've ever shipped. More important, we've developed a framework for documenting Frontier where everything has a place. This was a very important step in solving the problem, eliminating the "where do I put it?" lockup. Instead of documenting in teaspoonfuls, we now have a way to do the teaspoon-sized docs and also the top-level steamshovel-sized docs.

We need your help, in two ways. Be sure that your docs are indexed in the search engine. And second, use the search engine. If you look for something and it's not there, ask the question here on the DG. When we answer it, it'll be in the search engine. After a few months of doing that, voila! we'll have the book.

It's do-able now. Let's do it!