Re: WDDX Annotated DTD

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/13/1999; 6:40:52 AM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

It seems that a very powerful possibility would be to embed WDDX into ond the param(s) in an XML-RPC call. I think that would be the best of both worlds.

That's an interesting idea! It might work. I wonder if we did that if Allaire would agree to support our RPC wrapper? That seems like a reasonable give-and-take. However, I'm not sure how it would work at a higher level. How would you tell betty.rpc.client that the server you're talking to wants its params encoded as WDDX not as XML-RPC object serialization? It seems easy enough to handle on the server side. Are there clues in their structure that identify it as WDDX? Still diggin.