Re: XML-RPC, Object serialization, Perl

Author:Michael Myers
Posted:1/13/1999; 6:43:11 AM
Topic:XML-RPC, Object serialization, Perl

Steve Ivy said:

I'm asking because it's be cool if I could send a table from frontier to a perl script, and have the Perl script turn it into a hash, and make it all available to do whatever with it.

I am interested in this too. Dave reminded me of this work by Ken MacLeod:

A Perl 5 Module for performing RPC using XML

http://bitsko.slc.ut.us/~ken/xml-rpc/Frontier-RPC-0.01/

It is also available at CPAN.

I'm a bit confused about the package, though. Unless I am mistaken, it seems that it is uni-directional: the procedures being called are always on the Frontier end. Nevertheless, it might be a good place to start if your goal is call Perl procedures from Frontier.

I haven't had time to dig into it further.

Mike Myers