Re: XML-RPC, Object serialization, Perl

Author:Emmanuel M. Décarie
Posted:1/13/1999; 9:32:41 AM
Topic:XML-RPC, Object serialization, Perl

it might be a good place to start if your goal is call Perl procedures from Frontier.

I guess using CGIs to talk to Perl and get the result back to Frontier is easily doable.

For example I tested this yesterday and it worked like a charm (but its not very useful and can be dangerous also). Its a Perl script that will do a little bit what is doing fileloop. You have to put it somewhere in in your public_html directory.

The Perl script goes like this:

#!/local/bin/perl5 -w

$dir = "$ENV\{'QUERY_STRING'}";

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\n";

opendir(DIR, "$dir") or die "Erreur : $!"; while (defined ($f = readdir(DIR)) ) { if (-f "$dir$f") { print "$f\n"; } } closedir(DIR);

Then you can call this script from Frontier like this:

local(url = "http://www.nowhere.org/cgi-bin/perlScript?/home/me/public_html/images/");
tcpcmd.getUrl(url, saveas: @temp.unixDir)

Perl will return a string with the files in the directorie "/images/".

So provided somebody have some time to do this, it could be possible to write a suite that can glue some part of Perl to Frontier.

Cheers

-Emmanuel