Re: base64 to the rescue!

Author:Hannes Wallnöfer
Posted:1/19/1999; 6:58:53 AM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

For most European languages, support for non-ASCII characters is absolutely essential - you can hardly form a text longer than one sentence without them. I just saw that WDDX uses a special tag. Would that be viable solution for XML-RPC?

Right now, Frontier-to-Frontier RPC handles non-ASCII characters correctly (at least Windows to Windows), but the XP parser throws an exception (and I guess it has the XML spec on its side).

Another question: how do I pass a struct as an RPC argument in Frontier? (Tom Fürstner, our local Frontier guru is out of town)