Re: base64 to the rescue!

Author:Simeon Simeonov
Posted:1/25/1999; 7:58:37 AM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

Actually, we use UTF-8 escape sequences for characters that fall in the European language chategory. This leads to smaller packets and faster processing.

We use the char element type to deal with special characters below ASCII value 32. For those even Unicode won't help because they cannot be a part of an XML document. WDDX just steps in to do what's right and take the whole issue off developers' minds. :)

Regards,

Sim, Allaire