Re: No Semaphores Rendering and Nirvana

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:1/21/1999; 5:46:22 AM
Topic:Troubleshooting a Nirvana Server installation

#useSemaphores A boolean, if true, then semaphores are used to protect the page table. This should be false only if one uses html.getPageTableAddress () rather than html.data.adrPageTable. There is a performance gain when turned off.

Wow. No kidding. I just created and set user.prefs.useSemaphores to false, and I'm getting faster response time by a factor of ten. Thanks, Brent!

While we're on Nirvana, I recall a while back someone mentioning how to redirect requests for "http://myserver.com/" to "http://myserver.com/index" or whatever. Nirvana keeps giving me "There is no object named index.wsf" when I request "/". Thoughts?

Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 4:00:42 PM I've found the place: user.webserver.preFilters.redirector Comment out the line which replaces "/" with "index.wsf" and add one which uses "index".

I wonder if prefilters could be made site specific (i.e., one site uses "default" as the default page, another uses "index")... I didn't see anything else about them in the Frontier site.

--Steve