Re: Suggestion for the Discussion software

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:1/22/1999; 1:42:33 PM
Topic:Suggestion for the Discussion software

The problem is you might not know, if you're a casual infrequent user, why the software is displaying the messages for March 12, when it's now July 31. I agree that a frequent user (like myself) would figure it out quickly and appreciate what it's doing. It's the newbies I don't want to confuse.

It could be a member pref... A user could choose to have the home page be the current day, or to redirect to the day that contained the last message the user read...

The nice thing is Nirvana and the DG interfaces are so open that a sysop could make it work that way without much work (IIRC).

Jim