Re: Suggestion for the Discussion software

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:1/22/1999; 1:48:39 PM
Topic:Suggestion for the Discussion software

E-mail and newsgroup clients keep read/unread information around... even server-based systems like IMAP and MS-Exchange (and Hotmail). Is there a more efficient way to track which messages a user has read than the list element? (not including the browser history)

I wasn't suggesting getting rid of the high-water-mark, in case that's what my language had implied.

Jim