Re: Jini Jini Jini (Zzzzz?)

Author:Jock Murphy
Posted:1/26/1999; 10:51:34 AM
Topic:Jini Jini Jini (Zzzzz?)

JINI does not really requre Java (though Sun doesn't like to point this out), it just requires that you are compatible w/ RMI. You are not prevented from making a clean room implementation of RMI and the JINI protocals in whatever language you wish.

Don't get me wrong, I would really prefer that Sun were to make JINI as open as you have with XML-RPC, and then make money by selling their implementation.

--Jock