Re: New tweaks for XML-RPC?

Author:Andrew Fitzhugh
Posted:1/31/1999; 12:19:46 PM
Topic:New tweaks for XML-RPC?

> Isn't the multiple-request issue handled adequately (and > transparently) enough by HTTP/1.1's Keep-Alive feature? Does > Frontier (or other XML-RPC software) support this?

It does, partially. Reasons it doesn't: you can't rely on it being available as 1.1 is not widespread in proxies I think, and there will still be latency due to the request processing, if not due to connection setup/shutdown.

Someone else suggested using one XML-RPC request to bundle others -- but was the intent to bundle within a single methodCall?