Creating a new search engine index?

Author:Michael Myers
Posted:2/3/1999; 1:15:25 PM
Topic:Creating a new search engine index?

After moving a site to a guest database, I now want to create a new index. I have created a #search table in that site, as well as made the changes described in http://developers.userland.com/topics/searching.

From the Server->Search Engine menu I selected "Index Table" but got an error code 4: Can't find a sub-table named "data".

From some other poking around, I think that is referring to the fact that my config.root lacks this: config.mainResponder.data. What's the fix?

BTW, the menu command "Index Stored Pages" asks for a site name. Is that the name of the site table itself, or the value of #search.siteName?