domains vs doctree in mainresponder

Author:Kurt J. Egger
Posted:2/18/1999; 1:19:50 AM
Topic:domains vs doctree in mainresponder

All of us who use and try mainresponder run into similar situations: How to address a website table out of a gdb which is not at top level.

The convention for easy addressing is to name the top-level table inside a gdb after the gbd. This is a great feature.

What I miss is the elegant mapping of tables to web via doctree we had with the initial responder structure. With the current mainresponder, the doctree can only be a single entry, not a table of addresses.

It would be great to have both worlds. Arguments for that:

  • Not everyone has easy access to DNS configs
  • DNS changes take time to propagate throughout the net
  • One sub-domain may need different entry points into a gdb
  • Same flexibility with domains and pathes
  • RFC

    Kurt J. Egger