Re: Macs in Content Management?

Author:Michel Benevento
Posted:2/22/1999; 6:51:19 AM
Topic:Macs in Content Management?

Absolutely!

In the spring of 1997 I created an CMS for Apple Europe's ChannelNet (extranet). This CMS is based on Frontier, and I am pretty sure it qualifies as Enterprise Content Management:

- 120 authors spread all over Europe are maintaining around 60 websites simultaneously.

- the sites are business critical (they are the only official communications channel for resellers and distributors)

- the whole CMS is hosted on a single powermac 8500/250 running Frontier, WebSTAR and Anarchie and still going strong.

Thanks, Michel Benevento