Macs in Content Management?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/22/1999; 5:53:04 AM
Topic:Macs in Content Management?

From today's Scripting News:

Builder.com: To Mac or not to Mac. They say that Macs can't be used for Enterprise Content Management (Vignette, Texis, etc). I'd like to see them back that up, even though they do say UserLand is working on it. I would say Macs have a distinct advantage here. Why not compare the content management on News.com (a Vignette site) with content management at MacWEEK (a UserLand site). Compare users to users. How do writers at News.com feel about StoryServer? How do the MacWEEK people feel about Frontier? Builder.com could help clear things up instead of adding to the confusion.

So let's Builder Buzz here for a day or so. Are you using a Mac as a content management platform? If so, how's it going? If you can, provide pointers to sites you're working on. Tell us how the work flows. Has content management delivered the benefits that were promised? Are your contributors happier? What issues do you see in the future?