Fractional Horsepower HTTP Servers

Author:Daniel G. Budiac
Posted:2/22/1999; 8:34:06 AM
Topic:Fractional Horsepower HTTP Servers

Dave,

Just read the DaveNet piece you pointed to this morning -- I've thought the same thing for a while, now. I thought you'd be interested to know that the Xerox Document Centre has an HTTP server built into it.

http://www.xerox.com/Products/XDC/LP230/prodlp23.htm

I haven't used it personally -- I'm currently researching options for a new printer purchase -- so I'm not exactly sure how it works, and their website isn't very informative. It simply states that the feature exists.

I imagine that it tells you what jobs are currently printing, who they belong to, how far along they are, and any error conditions that exist.