Re: Macs in Content Management?

Author:Brian V. Hughes
Posted:2/22/1999; 6:40:40 PM
Topic:Macs in Content Management?

Well...

I'm in the process of not only re-deploying Dartmouth's Computing site with Frontier, but I'm also developing a FileMaker Pro database hosting service that will be controlled by Frontier, an editorial control system, and we have plans to use Frontier and XML as one of our primary content repositories.

We're also rolling out a Content Management service for Dartmouth departmental web sites, modelled after the system we are putting in place for the Computing at Dartmouth site.

Add in a bunch of TCP/IP stuff, some dynamic seriving, and healthy dose of server side control scripting, and I guess you could say we are using Macs in Content Management. ;->

I don't currently have any publicly accessible sites that showcase what we are doing with Frontier, but I hope to have some in the near future...