IE5 Beta Missing?

Author:David Shinpaugh
Posted:2/22/1999; 5:52:14 PM
Topic:IE5 Beta Missing?

We have been developing some great new stuff specifically for Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5.0.

Unfortunately we've hit a little snag.

Our dev machines went down over the weekend, and when reinstalling IE5 Beta today (even from a folder containing all 43mb of the setup) it demands that it must go to microsoft.com to download a component (maybe a missing component). When the setup attempts to download from Microsoft, the download fails.

I figured maybe something's wrong with my setup program and I'll just download a new one. Only to find that Microsoft seems to have removed IE5 Beta from the site in anticipation of the March 18 final release.

Perhaps this is why my setup failed, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

Does anyone kow if IE5 Beta is still available and how we can continue developing and showing our new IE5 products to our customers until March 18?

Thanks,

David Shinpaugh